Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Support Your Local Skate Shop



If you're in Vancouver tomorrow, come down to AntiSocial to watch Dear & Yonder, a documentary about ladies who surf. It's getting a lot of good buzz from all the lady blogs out there so I'm really excited to check it out. On a side note, I have to express my sincere love for Antisocial and its owners Michelle and Rick. I've never seen two business people put so much into a community. They are selfless. It gives me a warm feeling in my heart. Michelle was my go-to girl when I used to be the resident skateboard expert at the Canadian Press...she has supplied me with many a good quotes. She is also so committed to the community, it's a real inspiration. And Rick is by far the most humble person I've ever met, considering his ridiculous talent. If I had a kid, these are the type of people I'd want to use as roles models. So yeah, big fan of Antisocial.

And I want to say a huge congratulation to Ali Liebert, Paul Anthony and Craig Anderson, who all have one or two films in the Toronto Film Festival. That's a big deal. To celebrate, here's a hot picture of Ali:

Speaking of Paul, he's hosting Talent Time tonight. If you haven't gone, go. It's a bizarre experience.

Working on the podcast today. It's actually going to be really good. Really funny.

No comments: