Sunday, April 12, 2009

Episode Seven - Free of Script!



To listen to episode seven, click here.

Ever question yourself? You know, where you wonder what the hell you're doing with your life and you question if you'll ever amount to anything, especially the exceptionally high standards you set yourself. Well, if you can relate, listen to this episode and be inspired.

There are two stories by two remarkable people.

Bombastically Canadian
- In this story, my friend (who's a TV personality) talks about what it's like to be a white, gay, Jamaican who was raised in Canada.

Disfellowship
- This is the story about one woman who lost everything and what it took to start over again.

On this episode, I totally freestyled it. You see, I've worked in broadcast for a while, the hard news kind of stuff where when you project your voice, you have to sound professional. When I've been doing this podcast, which is very much my thing, I've had a hard time projecting my voice. Do I want to sound authoritative, like I've always been trained to sound? Or do I want to be me? So I tried it without a script for the first time. I hope it gets easier. Please tell me if you notice a difference. I'd love to hear your feedback.

A few more items to touch upon: I'm looking for musicians who want to share their music and their stories. Ideally in Vancouver. So if you'd like to share your (unlicensed) music with me, get in touch. noneandonly@gmail.com


Also, I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart, to everyone who's felt compelled to share their stories with me, on the podcast and otherwise. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. My goal with P3 was to inspire people with storytelling and that's what seems to be happening. So let's keep it rolling. If you like what we do, tell everyone you know. Storytelling is important to people. It does a lot more than most people realize. It's a beautiful thing.

No comments: