Monday, April 20, 2009

Episode Eight



To listen to episode eight, click here.

First off, some good and bad news. The good news is that the man behind P3's music, the amazingly talented Aaron Beckum, is really busy these days. He does a bunch of stuff, which you can learn about on his website. So that means he won't be able to work on the podcast for now. Bummer! I'm so very grateful for all the work he put into this project...I wish I could express how blown away I am by his talent. The podcast won't be the same without him. But not to fret...he'll likely be involved in some way in future episodes and I plan on doing a feature on him and his music some time soon.

Here's a picture of him and his beautiful wife Ang (in the middle), looking dapper at a Big Hair party we attended recently.



My dear friend Stacey spent an hour and a half on my hair and makeup that night so I felt compelled to post a picture of the hard work she put into that.




On this episode we have two stories:

That's Europe - A year ago, I spent the month of April in Berlin, visiting my ex-boyfriend who was living there at the time. I sat him down to reminisce about the time we visited a place called the Liquidrom. It was a very bizarre and unsettling experience. Warning: There is lots of nudity in this piece.

Breakdown Make Up
- It's amazing what comes out when you're getting your makeup done. This story shares a few examples of that.

On the topic of ex-boyfriends, I got to interview one of mine for Vice. Click here to have a look. Ben Frey is not only a good friend and talented artist but he's also the guy who created this podcast's logo.

What do you all think about being friends with an ex? Yay or nay? I'm yay for the most part, though I suppose it depends on each person. The only two ex's I'm not friends with are the two I happened to be in love with...strange how things work.

Next episode should have an interview with a local artist I recently discovered that really blows my brains. So stay tuned for that.

No comments: