Saturday, March 21, 2009

In the meantime

I miss Aaron and his wife Ang. They're in Kansas this week doing important things. Which is why episode five (!) of the People's Program Project will be another little while but hopefully not too long. The upcoming episode will feature a story about what happens when you build up the courage to do something you never thought you'd be able to do, only to be thrown completely off guard and knocked down again. Also, it should have some really good stories about getting scammed. So, in the meantime, here's a new video from my favourite lady singer, Neko Case.

Her new album is a wee bit adult comtemporary for my taste but still pretty decent. It's a grower. The strongest song is called Prison Girls and there's this one line that goes "I love your long shadows and your gun powder eyes" that reminds me of someone I think of often and fondly. Anyhow, the video was illustrated by Vancouver-based artist Julie Morstad and her brother Paul. I find her art simply delightful. Check out her childrens books if you can. They're published by Simply Read.





I like the bit with the tiger getting a combing.

Oh, and one more thing. I did two interviews this week. It was an interesting experience being on the other end of things. But a good experience. The ladies asking the questions were both really sweet and I'm excited to see how well they edit out all the times I say "um" and "like."

No comments: